Sunday, April 22, 2007

When everything feels like a turmoil ...

Do you sometimes feel everything is happening too fast? Do you feel your time is not enough? Do you feel you would need a third arm, a second mouth, and maybe four more legs?

I had been feeling this way the past weeks. Another child on the way, making moves to buy our first house (I find the process so time and energy consuming), making the moves to buy the floor above us to turn it into two bedrooms, and the everyday issues with children getting sick, nursery, laundry, etc. Plus the social activities, arranging moms' meetings, children singing on Thursdays, writing emails, making phone calls, and having time to talk to my husband and listen… Yes it was this last thing that brought a reflection to my busy life.

Listening.

How much was I really listening in all this turmoil? Or was I making myself the centre of the universe? Yes, I definitely was.

I took a step back and intensifying my prayers I started to listen more. Listen to my husband, listen to my children, listen to my friends… It helped a lot. Together with daily to do lists in order to make things happen.

Now I feel I have time again. Time to play with the children, time to take a bath and enjoy it, time to bake a cake and fill the apartment with the lovely smell of home baked.

No comments: