Sunday, May 6, 2007

Thoughts from a pregnant mom

I think about my baby a lot. I like the feeling of knowing that wherever I go I’m carrying my baby with me. I like the feeling of my children touching my belly as a way to get close to their sibling.

My husband and I are in the process of choosing name. We don’t now if the baby is a girl or a boy. We did want to know though, but the baby had the umbilical cord between the legs and the doctor couldn’t see. I talk to my baby and address him/ her sometimes as a boy and others as a girl. I call the baby different names and listen to the sound of them. I talk to the baby especially when I feel him/ her move around.

Being pregnant is like having a little bit of my own world. Although I share my pregnancy with my husband and children, with my parents and friends, there are all these thoughts, all these feelings so difficult to share. I believe they belong to my own little world. I don’t recall any other time in life I’ve felt this way, except for my previous pregnancies.

It’s a wonderful world. A warm, tender place somewhere in my mind and heart. I think about my baby swimming inside, nothing worrying her or him, listening to our voices, feeling, recording everything somewhere in his or her mind, something that will follow in the life outside.

It’s a kind of magic… The magic of life…

2 comments:

Colette said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your pregnancy with us.
I was very delighted and thrilled when I was pregnant with my first child. Then my husband got diabetis and my delight turned to worry about my husband and if I could manage to hold the baby. I did and her birth and subsequently the births of my 2 sons were wonderful.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

I want to thank you for recommending my book, "Catholic Prayer Book for Mothers." Did you know that I have a book for expectant mothers called, "Prayerfully Expecting: A Nine Month Novena for Mothers-To-Be"?

May God bless you and your unborn child!

Donna