Monday, November 5, 2007

When life wins

Seven weeks ago my family and I were blessed once again. This time by the birth of a girl.

It was a wonderful delivery. Such moments in life that become a lifetime memory, full of emotions. It was early in the morning, once again. From the delivery room I could see the autumn trees and the falling leaves. I felt strong in my soul to go through the pain but I felt weak in my body. It was a Friday. Particularly the celebration of the Holy Cross. I then prayed to Jesus and he made me strong.

My husband was with me all the time. He was so great. The last 45 minutes when I was in a lot of pain he held me all the time. It really felt we gave birth together. I felt so strong next to him. The way I hope our marriage will always be, two individuals but one team.

How important to take care of the relationship between spouses. It’s a constant difficulty marriages with young children have to face. The first couple of years until the children grow are very demanding for parents (not to mention the tiredness from endlessly sleepless nights). It becomes then even more essential not to loose the important space between husband and wife. Time to be alone, time to talk, time to nourish the relationship. My motto is “because I have no time, I’ll give you time”:

I think about it specially now. The birth of our baby and the first couple of days where so smooth and caring and full of peace, even though we had lots to do (buying house, selling apartment, preparing baptism). It felt as if we were floating on smooth cotton as everything around us moved fast.

Now it feels as if we have landed and more everyday issues have to be taken care of. It’s back to everyday life.

Though a much richer life!

No comments: